Monday, March 17, 2008

ski trip




We enjoyed a great sunny day on the slopes! Hunter had a great time and is starting to get the hang of things. Dad and Richard are the diehards, they skied all day! Hunter, Sierrah and I took a couple breaks. I love seeing my kids have so much fun. I can't believe what great skiers they have become. Sierrah and Richard are WAY better than I am. I am sure they think I am no fun to ski with because I just yell at them to slow down all the time! Richard just glides on the snow, he is such a light weight! It was getting close to the end of the day and they decided to do just one more run. Hunter and I were done so were watching from the lodge. I saw Rich and Richie come down the mountain but no Sierrah?? Ski patrol comes down and ask us "are you Rich Jacobson" I said YES, what's wrong? They said Sierrah was hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was hit by a snow boarder. Anyone who knows Sierrah knows her strong dislikeness for snowboarders. She is always having a run in with them. Anyway, luckily this kid realized she was hurt and got the ski patrol over to her. She was able to tell them what Rich's name was and what he was wearing. She had wanted to watch her dad do a trick so she wanted him to ski in front of her so of course, dad just goes the rest of the way down the mountain and waited for her there. So she was alone up there. She complained of her neck and lower back hurting so they strapped her on the board and bundled her up for her toboggan ride down the mountain. She said she screamed the whole way, it was so scary!


I felt at ease when I saw her and that she was alert and talking. She was just scared and cold. They told us they had an ambulance in route, since she had neck and back pain. Sierrah did NOT want to ride in the ambulance, I tried to make it sound so cool! They used the siren for her once so we could hear it. Anyway, they did ct scans on head and spine, a few x-rays and we were released five hours later with a fractured tail bone! She was a trooper and is doing fine! Who knows what would have happened last weekend when we tried to go and the alarm didn't go off??




She will have a great spring break story to tell her friends at school!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Poor Sierrah!! I am glad she only had a hurt tail bone!!!!!!

Maria Bradley said...

Oh my goodness Sierrah! I can't believe your adventure! Hang in there! We sure love you and are so glad you didn't get hurt worse!!!

Elisha said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! POOR SIERRAH! I was so happy to see the pictures of you skiing and that you made it up there this weekend. Then I began reading about what happened and began to get sick! I bet you were a wreck! I am so glad that everything is OK. Well, I guess a fractured tailbone isn't OK, but I guess it could be worse! Hey, thanks for your e-mails! I put my old blog into a book, but I haven't sent for the book yet. It's just saved online and I'll send for it when I put more posts in it. I'll send you the site when I get home (I'm at work right now, obviously working really hard!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Sierrah is okay!!! I'm sure Dave will give her a hard time about being hauled off the mountain in a "wimp wagon!" Only Uncle Dave, eh? Wow. That was a scary end to a nice day of skiing. Give her a big hug for me!