We packed up Friday and headed up north with the Sechez family. I wish we could have stayed longer. It was nice weather Saturday, got some rain too.
Alishia was so kind, she took the kids for a fun ride on the rhino!! We love this camping spot. There is a nice trail close by the kids can ride the quads back and forth on. It dead ends so they have to circle around and come back by camp. We camped here last summer too.
Sierrah snapped a shot of us hanging out chatting after lunch. We have fun camping with the Sechez's. They are a great family! Sierrah loves helping out with the "twinner's"!
We had a nice afternoon shower, I thought the rain was clearing up so we decided to go letterboxing before it got to late in the day. We drove over to Willow Springs Lake area and went through our clues and as we got closer and closer it started raining harder. We did find the box and quickly did our stamping and ran back to the cars.
I took Sierrah, Richard, and Dalin.
We then headed back to camp for another hour or so and let the kids ride the quads around. I had to drag Rich and the kids to get in the car and head home. On our way out we stopped to do another letterbox and got some pictures of that too.
I was so glad the boys went with us this time. After our last encounter with a SNAKE I wasn't about to stick my hand under a rock!! Richard pulled it out for us. We were so excited to be the first person to find this one, the owner put in a little certificate for us to keep.
It was chilly out, about 55 degrees. It felt so nice outside. It was hard to head home and back into the HEAT!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Happy Camper's
Posted by Heather at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Looks like we got you hooked on letterboxing ;) It sure looks like you had fun camping.
Fun - way to go on the snake!
Looks like good times for all. Questions?
What is letterboxing? Where did you guys end up going camping we are looking for a good spot.
I bet it was so nice to get out of the heat. Those jackets looked rather nice. :)
I'm glad you found my blog! It is fun to find new people. It sounds like you guys are having a fun summer.
My kids ask to go camping all the time. They really wish they had a mom that enjoyed it more.
How Fun:) Letter boxing looks fun too! It is always fun to get out of the heat!
So what is letterboxing? That's our favorite spot to camp too! Hoep we can go with you next time!
You were sure fast with the camping blog. I'm just getting mine posted. We had a great time and were so glad you were able to join us!!
What is letter boxing? We have a GOE cache in Sedona that people find with GPS cordinates and clues. Did you camp past woods canyon lake on 300 rim road. Wendy
Post a Comment