Monday, July 14, 2008

Richard's Day


Richard's baptism day finally arrived! Boy, has he been excited. We were so glad G & G Jacobson were able to come and Rich's sister Christa and her three kids. It was so fun to have them here and it meant a lot to Richard that they came! He was thrilled when he found out his bud McKenna was coming.



Richard was SO excited to get a suit. He wanted a jacket with the pockets on the inside! I didn't think I would have time to get him one since I waited until the last minute, but Gini and I found one for him Friday night. Thanks to grandma Jacobson for hemming his pants Saturday morning for us! :) I wish I could sew like her! We had family over for lunch after the baptism. Later that night we went swimming with everyone. I think Richard enjoyed his day. We love him so much and are so grateful for his example.

9 comments:

Lorena said...

Congrats Richie!! I love your suit (with pockets on the outside!)

Alishia said...

What a special day. The pictures of Richard are amazing!! He looks all grown up. Before you know it you'll be posting his mission pictures.

Elisha said...

And he does look so handsome in his new suit! What an exciting day! Congratulations!

KayDee said...

Contratulations to Richard on his baptism!

Looks like you have been busy having fun!

Love your blog! It is always fun to meet other bloggers!

Erica said...

Yay Richie! We are proud of you :)

Maria Bradley said...

Richie is such a handsome guy! I got his card in the mail yesterday and wow...he looks so handsome! I wish I could have been there, sorry Richie! I love you still!!!!

Varney Family said...

It was so fun to see Richie sitting there looking so big, I jsut remeber our boys when they were 4 and 5! Time flies so fast. Thank heavens for great pictures to capture the moments! Congrats Richie.

LaVonne said...

Congrats to little Richard. He looks so handsome in his suit. I can't wait til I get him in my primary class next year. You better put him in my class or else I won't teach anymore. Just Kidding!! Not!!! :)

Pam said...

Wow, the big day. So handsome and excited to be baptized. I love it. Cute family pics too. So glad you got to have so much family there for this special day.