Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whats in your crack??

Yes, this is a baby King Snake in the crack of the sidewalk!!! YUCK! Rich and I were walking the dog one evening and I spotted this guy. I ran home to get my cell phone (and camera, you know me) to call our reptile friend (Brett). He jumped in his rhino with his net and came to get him. My eyes are ALWAYS on the look-out man!! No matter how BIG or SMALL I can't stand snakes!! I have seen to many lately live and in person!


I remember in one of Gina's posts her kids drew their name in the dust on her furniture. I asked Sierrah who did it (I figured it was her) yep, she did it. Guess it is time to dust! Dusting is right up there with doing dishes. I procrastinate both!! I love black furniture but boy does it show the dust. :(

8 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

I guess at least it wasn't in your house. I love that you went back to get your camera. I can't wait until my kids get old enough to dust for me I hate dusting. Oh and by the way I was miss informed about my SIL she is not Cinderella. She is a step sister. My kids will be so sad to hear this. I'm probably the retard who mis understood. Oh well they'll love to see the show.

One Sassy Mama said...

Oh my word--when we lived in AZ--I walked out of my front door one hot, summer morning to see a snake slithering up into the side of my house--he had found a little crack and was making his way into my inner walls.

One Sassy Mama said...

Oh--and the snake didn't get into my house--because I stepped on its wiggly little tail and then proceeded to kill it with my bare hands. Well, I was wearing Jeff's work gloves. I am not kidding.

Alishia said...

I hate snakes, too. I probably shouldn't have moved to our neighborhood if I didn't want to run into any of the horrid, little creatures. It's always good to have Brett down the street, isn't it??

Matthew loves to dust. Maybe I'll send him over tomorrow. Oh, and Micah loves to vacuum. Maybe I'll send them both, all day!!

Alishia said...

Oh, forgot to tell you that I love the old Halloween pictures!! What a cute idea!

cjw said...

OH MY Heather!! I hate snakes. Glad I wasn't there. Your dusting makes me feel good....I was just looking at our piano today thinking how neglected my house has been lately. Gotta love PTA projects & canning. I am looking forward to sitting by the pool with you next week!

SBrooks said...

Ok - so the bad about the snake is the feeding of the little pinky. So sad to me, newborn little mouse dude squeakin' until constricted. Seriously - this boys craze on crawling creatures needs to stop or I am going to a bubble to live!

Elisha said...

Oh m gosh! If I came upon that while taking a walk I probably would've peed my pants! Glad your more "in control" than me!