We started off the week with a family reunion (I will post more on that later)
We didn't have any big plans this week, hubby had to work so it was just the kids and I. Grandpa had a great idea to take the kids to the Superstition Ghost Town. We had an nice afternoon there.
Before we headed home we had to get some icecream! YUM!
The kids thought it was pretty neat, we took a tour of an old mine. We had an authentic little old "miner" guy give us the tour. Our guide was a bit gassy! I was so proud of Hunter for not yelling out "WHO FARTED" like he usually does! :) It made us giggle, but the kids kept it together.
Later in the week we took the kids to Chunk N Cheese (that is what Hunter calls it) to celebrate Hunters birthday. We almost had the place to ourselves it was nice! Instead of having a party we just took the family there for dinner. Hunter REALLY wanted to go there. Richard on the other hand has a HUGE fear of mascot type characters. The last time we were at Chuck E Cheese was Feb for my neice's bday and Richard was scared to death and wouldn't go near the thing. This time he ran to him and flung his arms around him and gave him a HIGH FIVE! He was so proud of himself, he talked to grandma and grandpa about it the whole way home. He was fine this last time we went to Disneyland too. I think he is finally getting over it. His fear was really bad for a long time. He is slowly doing better with the characters. :)
The rest of the week was playing with friends, rode the quads a bit on Saturday, going to lunch, sleeping on cots (the kids), and watching movies (the new Indiana Jones of course).

Sierrah and Hunter set up a "camp" site in the family room. Richard had a late-night with his friend.
Rich and I went to dinner and we get a text from Sierrah. She had drawn facial hair on her brothers and added some nice tatoos on their arms! I didn't get Richard's picture he had left by the time we got home.
This is how are family room was for a few days!
I'm getting things cleaned up and put back together today. Now it is time to get ready for Halloween!!






7 comments:
How fun! I love the gassy tour guide story... that kills me! What a fun mom you are. Your kids are so creative. Love hearing the stories!!
Ok coud you and your family be any more fun and cute? Love the camping in the family room. My girls love to do that.
Hilarious, I swear those crazy tour stories are the ones that I remember from my childhood. I am very impressed that your kids kept it together, I don't think mine would have. It sounds like a fun week, and you are right, Chunk-E-Cheese is a lot more fun when no one else is there.
You are having way to much Fun:) I thought the tour guide gas story was funny! My kids wouldnt have been as quiet as yours!
Love the facial hair! So Pirate!
Looks like you had fun! how do we get in on the ski passes?
The mines look so fun! You always have the best ideas. Were there any letter boxes up that way? Do you still do that??
I love the cots in the family room. My kids all end up in the family every night, but we don't have the cute little cots. You guys have all the fun!
I LOVE Hunters facial hair :)
Post a Comment