Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

Big weekend for Rich. He started out Saturday with a five mile hike w/ the 11yr scouts then came home showered and was off to get Lasik! YAY! He has been looking forward to this for a LONG time. Hunter was so worried they had cut out his eyes! Sierrah kept wanting to get right in his face and look at his eyes.

ROBORICH!
The kids were upset we had to leave for a few hours on Sat. The doctors office was an hour away. Then dad came home and went to bed at 4:30pm and I got him up to eat a turkey sandwich at 9pm then, it was off to bed until about 7am this morning.
We have to wake up Sunday morning and head BACK over to the docs office for his post-op visit. So far so good, 20/20. The kids aren't happy we are leaving them for the morning. We are about a half hour away and Richard and Hunter call us wanting to know what they can do. I hear Rich tell Hunter, "I don't know, just go wrap some presents!" Then he hangs up. I am imagining Hunter running to our room and digging under my bed and finding the wrapping paper to wrap stuff in. No, Hunters take on the conversations was "Dad said we can decorate the house for Christmas" So all three kids kick it into CHRISTMAS gear and this is what we come home to:

We have snow in the family room. Sierrah said she only used 5 cotton balls and ripped them up. Doesn't it just make you cold. :)

A bow on the candlestick and arranged presents up on a high shelf. I don't even want to know how the kids got up there??

Looks like mistletoe!

My new kitchen table centerpiece, complete with santa hat.

This was our first glimpse into our newly decorated house. You can't see it but they got the glitter out and put glitter on the wrapped package. I had to get the vacuum out and suck up all the glitter that was covering one half of the kitchen table and all over the floor. We started picking up some of the things they had done, they started getting offended that we were taking things down. I felt bad. I have left some up and probably will I guess until we get our other Christmas things out of the attic.
My kids have been on a MESS MAKING kick lately. They have been building forts in the backyard with all the blankets in the house. I am glad they are playing great with each other but I have a TON of laundry to do when they are done. New rule around here after this weekend. *no more blankets outside* The little people around here are making me crazy!! I better go and see what mess I need to help clean up next.

10 comments:

LaVonne said...

ya Rich!! Welcome to the Lasik club. I know you'll be just as Happy as I am.

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

i'm jealous for two reasons, A)Rich got Lasik, I totally want to get it and B) you had professional decorators come and do your house for christmas! I love it! while I was gon to utah for my grandmas funeral Eric and my kids put out all my Halloween/fall decor. needless to say, I had some redecorating to do when I got home.

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

Hey they're pretty darn good decorators! I love Rich's new shades to go with his new eyes!

Wendy Hansen said...

That is perfect. I am actually very impressed by the decorating. Good job guys. It is hard to not go "redo" when they are not looking. I always have to spread the decorations on the Christmas tree after they go to sleep, otherwise all of the decorations are in 1 square foot on 1 side of the tree.

Cool on the Lasik, Jason will be jealous. Glad everything went well.

Jan said...

I'm so glad that Rich's Lasik went well-love the shades!
I love that your kids decorated your house while you were gone-how sweet is that! I have to say it looks like they did a pretty good job :)
I hear you on the fort building thing-my kids are on the same kick. My little ones use the coffee table, kitchen table and even group chairs together, putting blankets on top, there's always pillows involved, and tons of toys. There's always a huge mess to clean up-I guess as long as they're having fun! :)

Valerie said...

That is so fun! That is why we have blogs-- to capture precious moments like that! You have got the sweetest kids.

Rich is so brave to get lasik! I have always wanted to but I just KNOW I will be in the .02% catagory that ends up going blind or something!! :)

candice said...

Hey Heather!! Your kids are so cute...they actually did quite a good job! I'm impressed. Miss you!

Julie said...

That is sooo cute...totally something my kids would do. And I too, have to come along after they are in bed and "redecorate" a little. We'll miss it when their gone...that's what I keep telling myself.

Erica said...

I luv the rooster hat and train around the tree :)

Glad Rich didn't have any problems!

See you tomorrow!!

Maria Bradley said...

Wahoo Rich! Congrats on the new eyeballs! You will NEVER regret it. I often wonder how I ever survived having to put contacts in and carrying around glasses in case my eyes got itchy...etc..etc. Glad you finally made the leap and just did it. You will love it. :)