Hubby only had three days off so we hit it hard the first few days of break. We headed down to Bisbee to the Queen Mine Tour. It was a COOL 47 degrees as we traveled the 1500 ft inside the mountain.

I think the ride and the gear made it so fun for the kids.
We found a park and ate lunch that we brought. We walked Main St. until it was time for our tour. It is a neat, well kept old mining town.
We did a little exploring out in the desert one day with the Walton crew. Took the quads out for a ride. Ran into a diamondback rattle snake. I was SOOO shaken up I didn't even take a picture! It was stretched out in a wash we came up to. YUCK!!!!
Of course Hunter tanked. He is in the rhino for a few minutes and he is out flopping around like a rag doll! That is Richard in the background eating dust! He would lead the way sometimes to get a break from the dust. Richard rode his little heart out that day. He did great and kept up with us on the rhino.
We decided to meet up with cousins one afternoon and went iceblocking! The kids had a great time.
Here are all ten Jacobson babes!
Richard, Sierrah, and Jarom
We also celebrated my birthday this week. The kids had me close my eyes as they hid behind this sign they had decorated and jumped out to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Went to lunch and a movie with my mom, sis and the "M" girls!
Friday had a lunch/craft day with my sisnlaw, Gini and Sara. We took our favorite and "only" girls with us and had a nice lunch. After lunch we picked up all the boys and took all the "big" kids swimming at Hamilton. It was so nice, we dropped nine kids off at the pool for a few hours while we crafted away! We all felt a little old that we are now able to drop the kids off and let them hang out! They had a blast and felt "grown up" I think.
Sierrah, Q, and the car load!!!
We also got our garden ready and planted, hope it isn't too late. We did one last year and for some reason hubby bought eggplant seeds (eeww!) non of us like eggplants so guess what took off and grew so beautiful...eggplants! They have already started growing again. We also did well with spaghetti squash. We'll see how it goes. Last year we did the garden under our trampoline. That wasn't a good idea, you live and learn. We have moved the trampoline and will try it again. I think it will do better.
My babes are off to school today, Hunter was most excited for school. He was asking by the middle of spring break when he got to go to school again. No more sleeping in, that is what I will miss most!
Now it is back to gymnastics and baseball practices!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Spring Break 09
Posted by Heather at 5:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
So sad we missed your birthday (we will try and get a lunch planned for this week) but it looks like you guys had a great Spring Break. You know we love eggplant over here at our house so...
Happy Birthday, Heather! It is a well known fact that the COOLEST people are born in March! (I might be a wee bit biased...) :)
What a fun spring break. The weather was perfect for ice blocking.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)
Spaghetti squash is a favorite at our house, let me know if it works out! I have been wanting to plant some.
It looks like you had a fun and eventful week. I hope that you had a great birthday. I am totally jealous of your big garden, I've never done one since I've moved. Spaghetti squash is good, but yeah, I don't know what we would do with a bunch of eggplant either.
Sorry, Happy belated Bday! Spring Break looked wonderful! I loved the caves and ice blocking.
Post a Comment