This was our first pinewood derby and it was cool! Richard and his dad worked hard on his car. Dad did have to take a break between the castle project and mid-term at school. Procrastination was in the air, but the boys pulled it off. Well...dad did anyway! Our dad ROCKS!!!
Richard never once thought of doing the norm, ya know, a pinewood derby CAR. We looked all over on-line at different cars until we came acrossed a HERSHEY BAR! Yep, a Hershey bar. That won Richard's heart over!! It IS his favorite candy bar. Dad was ready for the challenge.
Richard did some of this while dad was busy...
Yes, dad didn't forget his rubber gloves. He has precious hands! :) Richard is starting to pick up on the glove thing too. Whenever he does chores or yard work, he grabs the gloves!!
It was cute to watch the boys as their car was being released. Especially the first timers. They were intense and full of anxiety!
Although he didn't take home 1st place, he had a great time! Until next year!
Monday, March 9, 2009
The YUMMIEST car
Posted by Heather at 4:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
That is the best derby car I've ever seen! Nice work, Rich! And Richard, heh, heh. Way to go! :)
What a yummy car! We love Hershey bars in our house too...great job!
That WAS totally an awesome car! Loved it!
What a great car:) It looks so yummy! Our pinewood derby is coming up, I cant wait to see what the other jacobson boys come up with this year!
So cute. Kacee is going to love seeing this. That is her fav candy bar too. I guess great minds think alike. haha! We never could do the norm either for the pine wood derby cars. They are so fun. I do miss doing them. Tell Rich that we loved seeing the picture of it. Hope he did great.
No, WAY! Do you know that Hershey bars are Jon's most favorite candy? I just had to show him and he was DYING! Since we are a few states away, I might have to "borrow" the idea. That is so fun! Nice job, Dad, I mean Richie!
Post a Comment