Monday, May 25, 2009

road kill!

Hey, it isn't everyday you find an armadillo DEAD in your yard!

I captured this moment right in my aunts front yard! Sweet, huh? Richard had been dying to see an armadillo cause they are dead on the road about every 100 yds on the freeway. He would always miss it by the time we figured out what it was. We pulled up at my aunt's house to say good-bye and there he lay!! The dogs love to drag the road kill off the road and bring it into their yard!
I forgot to mention this is in Oklahoma!

6 comments:

Lexi said...

LOVELY pic i love it!:) Heather! I haven't talked nor seen u really, in a LONG time! Well i'm sure maybe this summer if sierras taking classes, I think i'm only taking 1 or 2. We'll see but anyways I love the pic Your right "you don't see that everyday!" haha

See ya soon tell sierra I said "hello!

Jadyn Maree said...

Oh my goodness! That's one of the craziest things I've seen in a while!

LaVonne said...

Ok, like that is gross!!

Wendy Hansen said...

Oh boy, I think this is why I never want to move even though it is hot here. I'm not sure I am equipped to handle things that large lying dead in my yard. But it does remind me of a coworker of mine that had a stuffed one of those in the corner of his office. His daughter would come in and call it "kitty" Nasty kitty!

SBrooks said...

Sweet! Yesterday, in Baltimore, I totally had to swerve to miss a huge turtle that was cruising right through the middle of my lane! Talk about random! Love the picture!

Elisha said...

OH my! That is really nasty! I think my kids would friek out if they ever saw one of those!!!-Me too! How are you guys handling summer?