We started off Friday night by getting snow skiing gear together all packed away in our truck. The kids were excited and ready to hit the slopes. We wanted to take off Saturday bright and early about 4:30am. We were just going to do a day trip. Anyway, Rich opened his eyes Sat. morning and noticed that it was light out! He jumps up to check the cell phone (our alarm) and it was almost 7am. Not sure why it didn't go off?? So we decide we should just stay home and try it again next Saturday. We were worried how the kids would react when they woke up??
We thought we better do something fun so we decided to take them hiking. Yea, they thought that sounded good.
We need to do that more often. It is fun starting this new stage of life with the kids. No diaper's, bottles, etc. I don't know if I will be able to keep up with them in a few more years! Hunter is still a bit slow but he is starting to pick up the pace! We hiked over two miles (round trip) and made it to the TOP of the mountain, I honestly didn't think Hunter could do it but we all did. They were so proud of themselves for making it to the top. Amazingly no one was stuck by a cactus, no major falls or scraps. It was really a nice afternoon with the kids. It is so fun to see the kids have so much fun and not so much fighting (until we got back into the car)!!
We thought we better do something fun so we decided to take them hiking. Yea, they thought that sounded good.
We need to do that more often. It is fun starting this new stage of life with the kids. No diaper's, bottles, etc. I don't know if I will be able to keep up with them in a few more years! Hunter is still a bit slow but he is starting to pick up the pace! We hiked over two miles (round trip) and made it to the TOP of the mountain, I honestly didn't think Hunter could do it but we all did. They were so proud of themselves for making it to the top. Amazingly no one was stuck by a cactus, no major falls or scraps. It was really a nice afternoon with the kids. It is so fun to see the kids have so much fun and not so much fighting (until we got back into the car)!!






1 comments:
Sorry no slopes! Hopefully you'll get there this weekend! I bet hiking was gorgeous though! I look forward to that stage of life (since right now I think I practically carry my house in my diaper bag). But I'm trying to enjoy the stage I'm in right now too!
Post a Comment