The kids in their over sized shirts, Hunter didn't get to go but dad brought him home a shirt.
The boys came home and crashed! I wasn't sure who had taken this photo until I was proofing my post and Hunter walked in and said, "oh, Hunter took that, they looked so cute" There was also some "back side" shots of my mom and I (nope not posting those) Here is another photo that he captured.
Anyway, back to my story - Nissan had the big day on Friday. I guess it is no longer bring your "daughter" to work day. It is now bring your "child" to work day. Which made Richard very happy. We didn't think Sierrah would get to go since she had came home from school with a fever on Thurs. But Friday morning when we woke the kids up around 5:15am, Sierrah felt better (still runny nose) no fever, YEA!! Off they went for a day of festivities. Poor dad was still feeling really bad. He had to go because he was in charge of the day and our kids were ready to go!
They had about 50 kids turn out. It was a nice opportunity for the kids to see where mom and dad go each day and what "work" is to them. Nissan has a tight lock on who enters the facility, it is like fort knox out there! No camera's of any kind allowed. You have to sign your life away just to go eat lunch in the cafeteria, which is the only place I have ever been. Friday the kids got to actually see dad's office and grandpa's office. They were excited about that because I have never gotten to see that "off limits" area.
The kids hopped in a nissan altima and got to ride on the different test tracks, their favorite was the skid track, and something called the shaker, I guess it shakes the vehicles.
They toured the garages, had lunch and took a group picture. As they left everyone got goodie bags filled with fun things. They had a fun day with dad! It was a nice short day for dad they ended at 1pm.






2 comments:
Are you kidding me with your header Heather? I LOVE it? I need you to help me do something fancy like that!
My kids love when Shea does their take your kids to work day. They do it in the summer now so the kids don't have to miss any school.
One year Nicole told everyone that her dad plays on the computer and eats cookies for his job. Made sense to her since that is what she did when she went there!
How fun for the kids. And to see the so private life of thier Dads work... I bet they really loved that. I think I would love to see that too everything is so secretive at those car testing places. I have always wanted a peek inside. Hunter is a great photographer by the way.
Post a Comment