I saw something similar to this hanging in my friend Kara's moms house. I thought it was cute.
I went out and bought a big frame from Michael's. I couldn't find a decent one at DI or good will. The little frames I either had or bought at good will. It is really a cheap project if you have the frames and access to vinyl. Kara has a vinyl machine. I guess you could use any kind of letters not just vinyl.
You just cover the back of the big frame w/ fabric. We put fringe trim around the inside of the frame. We used liquid nails to attach each frame to the fabric. Behind some of the frames I put scrapbook paper. Measure each vinyl letter to fit inside each frame. It was quick and easy. Thanks to my friend Kara!! She does interior decorating. She doesn't have a blog but SHOULD!!
Kara's mom had some frames inside of other frames too, if that makes sense. It was really cute!
The middle top has "family" with a gold number 5 over top of it.
This Nicole is what I won at a church auction YEARS ago that you made! I still have it up in my house. The love at home sign, I should have gotten closer.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Jacobson Five
Posted by Heather at 3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
That is so cute Heather. I will have to add that to my cute projects to do list. Maybe one of these days we can get together like we keep talking about for our craft day and make something because you always have such cute ideas to share.
See how crafty you are are, I love it. Maybe i can get Lisa to make me one..kidding..lol!
Heather that is so cute! I might have to steal the idea too! I don't know how my short last name would look though! Your blog is so much fun to read! Your family goes on so many adventures! Love it!
Ok I think you have enough people for a class now. So let me know when and where. I've admired that for a while now. Maybe it's time for one of my own.
I'll fly in for a crafty class -- your frames and lettering is super darling! Thanks for the great instructions to your masterpiece...oh--& how big is your frame?
I forgot you bought the "love at home" sign at the auction..how fun..it's like I"m still in AZ.
I totally want to steal the idea and do it in a long narrow frame. My last name is so short I think it would work better that way. We really do need to plan some craft days and work on projects.
Post a Comment