Thursday, September 18, 2008

14 years baby!!

Rich and I celebrated our 14th anniversary yesterday. It has been a hectic week, so it was especially nice to have a quiet dinner with my hubby! We went to House of Tricks in Tempe (thanks Kelly), YUM! The food looked like art on the plate. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of it! The weather was perfect so we ate outside by candlelight.
Rich and I met about 17 years ago. He was lookin' so fine in his brown polyester pants!! We worked at a pizza place together in high school. Our uniforms were the worst, yellow, red, brown stripped polyester shirts with the lovely brown pants. We were able to get past that and see the beauty in each other!! ;) Once we got written up for smoochin' in the lobby!
Rich is my bestest friend. He STILL amazes me at all he can do. I am a lucky girl. The past 14 years have been a FUN ride and I can't wait until the next 14 years plus!
I enjoy seeing others post "old" pics from back in the day...here are a few of ours:

Our first high school dance together (junior year)

My senior prom

Our wedding day!

14 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

I am loving those pictures right now! I'm a little disapointed your hair isn't bigger! Hope you guys had a great night. You'll have to tell me how dinner was. We've thought about going there befor but have never actually made it.

Beeswax said...

I love peeking in people's albums! You guys are so darling.

Glad you liked House of Tricks. What did you eat?

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures. It's so fun seeing how we all had the same hair back then. :)
Glad you could get away for a romantic dinner.

Kissing on the job huh? I bet that was fun!!! AND I bet you never complained about having to go to work.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I'm glad you had a fun date. Love the pictures! Man, you could hide all sorts of things in those sleeves on the red dress. In the bangs, too, for that matter. Gotta love those styles from WWII. ;)

Varney Family said...

I love your pics - Landon loves that Rich has hair :) Congrats on 14 years - you rock!

Valerie said...

Woo-hoo! I love reading about a good love story! Congratulations on the 14 years... (Those pictures ROCKED by the way!)

lyssamcaleavy said...

Wow...14 years! Congrats! I LOVE the pictures. I didn't realize you guys knew eachother in high school. Thanks for sharing!

Elisha said...

Congrats on 14 years! I've never been to House of Tricks, how was it? Anyways, I love your high school pictures! You guys look so hot....but then again, you still are!

Elder Davis said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You look like babies and very stylish too. Congrats!

KayDee said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures!

Wendy Hansen said...

You guys are so cute, then and now. It's hard to believe what babies we are when we date & get married, scary. The WWII story cracks me up, that is how they think of us.

Renae said...

Happy 14th! Thanks for the pictures. You guys look exactly the same (except for Rich's hair of course) It's amazing how fast life is passing by. Congrats to you both!

One Sassy Mama said...

I love your pictures! Very cute. Congrats on 14 years!

Jan said...

Happy Anniversary! You're just one year behind Greg and I. Love the photos you shared, I didn't realize you two were HS sweethearts-how great is that!
You two were a cute couple then AND STILL a cute couple today! I hope you had a fabulous celebration.

P.S. I haven't forgotton about the photography-I thought it might be fun to wait for cooler weather, so we might do a bit of shooting outside too. Let's see how weather goes in the next two weeks and lets get together-I know Julee wants to do it soon.