Tuesday, September 16, 2008

World War II??

Today as I was driving home a few cub scouts. They started talking about the year they were born. They were born in 2000. They love the fact it is so easy to calculate their ages. When it is 2024 we will be 24. When it is 2100 we will be 100, and so on. Then, one of them pipes up and asks what year I was born. I quietly said 1974. I hear a voice from the back say, "Is that when world war II was???"


Carpooling with a bunch of boys is a different experience then driving a bunch of giggly girls. It is a loud group no matter what though. I am so thankful I have a great carpool lined up for Hunter and his three buds. I only have to drive one week out of the month (that is just enough). It is a crazy bunch that's for sure. Usually backpacks start flying or they have screaming competitions!!?? Richard's age of boys are somewhat calm at times, a little noisy but not too bad. When I carpool for gymnastics with Sierrah I drive once a week with four girls. They are fun, they talk about random things from fake nails to tv shows. An adult can learn a lot from this age group. I really feel old when I don't know who or what they are talking about?! Movie stars, music groups, it is too hard to keep up!
Carpooling is a wonderful thing, saves gas $$ and it is fun to see your kids interact with others and hear what they talk about and what interests them. Boy, we sure spend a lot of hours in the car but without carpooling it would be worse. Thanks to all my carpool buddies out there!

*Brandi, please forgive me. A couple of days after I write this post "I" forget to pick up a sweet little girl for a carpool ride!!! Geez!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way too funny! It sounds like WWII in your car there, maybe they weren't so far off. :)j

Pam said...

Man, we must seem ancient to little kids. At least they had heard about World War II - we have to give them credit for that. Very funny though.
I agree carpooling is nice, crazy but nice.

Jolene said...

One time I was in a Ward Council Meeting (the Bishop was not there) and I was the only one not born in the 70's or 80's! I felt like such an old geezer!

I do school carpool everyday. We have a thing where each person gets one "skip" on the cd that is playing. They call out skip and I go to the next song. I love it when it is one of MY cds and they have run out of skips and they just have to listen!

SBrooks said...

WW II - Seriously! You are younger than me!

Maria Bradley said...

I couldn't stop laughing... what funny things come from the mouth of kids!! I'm still laughing...

Jan said...

This is hilarious! I'm glad you're having a great time carpooling, I had a terrible expierence once-had a controlling mother who wasn't very nice to the kids on her days.

Sounds like your car is pretty fun though. My kids years ago was asking me about the music from the eighty's, "mom is that 80's music stuff grandma and grandpa listened to?" I about died laughing. I had to tell them it was music played when their mother was growing up :)

Valerie said...

I will shamefully admit that I asked Bro. Foster if he got his tattoos in WW2.. before I did the math.

He is never going to let me live that down!!

:)

Elisha said...

Amen! I totally agree! Carpooling is a great thing!....and I have to agree, being a den leader I have learned SO MUCH from 8 year old boys! It is a really fun age.