Sierrah and I had a fun few days up in Prescott together with her sixth grade class. Hubby dropped us off at the school at 5:30am on Wed. We loaded up in the buses and headed up to COOL country.
Sierrah had the best time. I asked her what her favorite part of the trip was and she said EVERYTHING!! We had all kinds of classes every 1/2 hour or so for the two days. Some were team building, compass, trees, photo scavenger hunt. The teachers did a great job keeping the kids busy and having fun.
Here are a few pics of our trip.
One class was ice cream, we put the ingredients in ziploc's and SHAKE, SHAKE. It was REALLY cold, frozen hands!
Here we are on our hike. This is Sierrah with friends and her teacher.
There's GOLD in them there hills!! Yes, Sierrah was the only one in her group to find a SPEC of gold. That little flake of gold just makes those kids happy!
Sierrah working hard after lunch our group had KP duty.
Dissecting owl pellets, the kids were really grossed out but, started getting into it when they were finding the bones and skulls inside.
These kiddos were in our day group. We did the best skit. Thursday night was skit night. We were assigned a human machine. We did a car wash.
These ladies were in our night cabin group. They were great girls.
We had a great time, I am glad I was able to go and be with Sierrah. She will always remember this trip.
Thanks to grandma and grandpa who helped with the boys.
Monday, November 17, 2008
6th Grade Science Camp
Posted by Heather at 9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
Looks like a fun time! How did you make ice cream in a bag?
Looks like a ton of fun! It is great you could go! Go for the Mom of the Year award!
Fun! How did you get roped into that? You are such a good mom!!! :)
Heather--you won the magnet board! Yay you! Email me with your address and your color choice.
I miss science camp so much! Don't you wish u were a kid again? I wish i was in 6th grade. I miss the whole car poole days! hopefully we can do it again.
How fun!!! I have a few memories from 6th grade science camp! Glad you two got to go :)
Gad you had fun - I know you especially enjoyed the pellet disection!
HOw fun and wonderful that you got to go to camp:) Owl pellets are amazing things, just as long as the kids left them at school and did not bring them home!
I still remember my 6th grade science camp. Fun! Fun!! You are an amazing mom, I don't know how you do it all!!
I loved my science camp. We went to monterey bay in CA. (of course I lived in CA then) How fun that you got to go.
Post a Comment