Rich ran in his first 1/2 marathon. He did the PFChangs marathon. He had a great time and was glad he did it. I think he will do more in the future. I wish I loved to run like he does. It just isn't in me! I dropped Rich off early in Phoenix that morning. Richard came with me to pick him up in Tempe. It was CRAZY busy. We had to park about a mile or two away and walk to the family reunion area. I was beat after all that walking, I can't imagine how he was feeling after 13 miles!
Today we went hiking. Poor dad, the down hill was the toughest for him. He was a trooper though. We had our cousins along with us today. We had a FUN day with them.
We gave the kids baggies to keep all their "treasures" in. We had to make some of the kids dump out their pockets which were full of rocks. The weight was holding them down.
Hayden snapped a quick family pic for us.
Group shot of the COOL J kids! Nice FRO Hayden. :)
It was nice having dad home for three days (even if he is ready to go back to work to get some REST)!
Monday, January 19, 2009
marathons, and hiking oh my!
Posted by Heather at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Wow, I am totally impressed with the 1/2 marathon. What a man!!!! And I love you even more for not being a runner, it is definitely not in me either.
The hike looks like fun with the gorgeous weather we've been having. I was just telling Jason we needed to get a few hikes in while it is so nice. Maybe next weekend?
Landon did a triathalon and loved it...he's a runner too!Which is perfect because I am SO NOT!! We can cheer our men on together ;)
way to go Rich!! Too bad you and I and Dave couldn't all run a marathon together, that would be cool. :)
Wow, way to go Rich, I am so impressed! I would love to do a marathon some day! It was a great day for it too!
Good Job Rich! I'm with you Heather, it's just not me. Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Wish we could have gone to the snow this year.
Go Rich!! I'm still too scared to do a 10k.
Loved all of your Christmas and Utah pictures. It looks like you guys have been busy! Hunter on the blue runs?!! What a cool kid.
Where did you guys go hiking? I hike the windcave trail every Fri and Sat until it gets abouve 80 in the am. It is in Usuary park north on Elsworth rd.fun hike 3 miles. Congrads to marathon man Rich thats awesome! Wendy B
Post a Comment